Wednesday, January 16, 2019

As a young child in school I can rememb Essay

As a impertinent- do tyke in discipline I can remember saying to myself, If I were a t sever all toldyer I would never do that to my students At a rattling young age, as young as the for the first time variant, my personal philosophical system of previous(predicate) Childhood Education was already in progress and surfacing. My personal doctrine is to instill unspoilt morals and values in all(a) babyren comply all children and their families cultures, ethnicities, race, beliefs, and structure treat severally child fairly to mark off that all children feel equally spare rich person families, comm building blockies, and educators work as one remain a lifelong advocator of childrenExhaust all resources before deciding to hold a child back a bell ringer and to maintain a constant fun, loving, safe, and positive environment for each child. It is a philosophy much(prenominal) as the one I throw off set forth that volition encourage all families to feel welcomed, a ll children to feel loved, and everyone to want to work together as one in order to aid in a childs best development. It all began in pre coach and kindergarten while attending a Montessori School in my town. My pre shoal and kindergarten fellowship has had a owing(p) impact on my ideas towards education.I tangle safe, secure, and special in school. I remember specific activities that at my new school, when I transitioned in the 1st form, were not available to me, such as learning and practicing everyday activities like cleaning silverware, folding our blankets from rest time, preparing and acidulous fruit to eat, and keeping a clean and orderly classroom. Moreover, the root of my morals and values developed from this period in my life. I remember in school being taught the fundamental values of sharing, caring, listening, trusting, and being honest.I wise to(p) that lying,stealing , cheating, hitting, and disrespecting elders or each new(prenominal) were bad. Influential mo vies and cartoons such as the manage Bears, Hug-a-bunch, Free to Be You and Me taught me or so love, hugging, sharing, caring, helping others and equality. My puerility from preschool to third grade was a critical time for me to grow and learn, and much of what I see in the classroom and at home influenced how I would develop after and indeed as the person I am directly.As a stand in Teacher with no background classroom experience or educational degree, I brought with me the strong moral and ethical values I possess as a person, my patience, love and care for children, my passion for academics, and my last(prenominal) and personal experiences as a student in a classroom. iodine of the major intellectual influences was my experience in a Montessori School and then reading about the Montessori Method in my present graduate class.I never realized that Maria Montessori was the first woman to become a doctor in Italy, nor did I realize the specifics of the Montessori Method u ntil I gibe my experiences with what was actually written and described about in the book.For instance, She created objects for children to allow them to experience physical activities such as stacking, disperseing, closing, dusting, and connecting. Maria Montessori saw this goal-oriented activity as childrens work and contrasted it with play, which she saw as unfocused and frivolous (pg. 16). My personal philosophy coincides with her beliefs because it is through this childs sense of work that morals and near(a) values are developed.A child saying, Youve got dirty hands, you ought to wash them (pg. 17) is an cause of a child who lead continue to master societys demands and expectations on how to behave throughout life. Another person who has played an important role in my life, and has acted as a mentor, is my bet on grade teacher. Its amazing that out of all my teachers from preschool through graduate school, my second grade teacher left the big(p)est impression on me .She possessed great patience and clarity when explaining new material to the class. She made me feel lucky to ask questions or speak up in class, and I specifically remember her creative ways of teaching, such as the knock-knock game for subtraction, which made learning in her classroom so easy and fun. When I stretch forth into her she still cross-files concern for me and is eagerly open and willing to help as I become a teacher. She is definitely one of the reasons why I decided to become an early childhood teacher, and she is a person who has had a major impact on my beliefs towards academia.On the other hand, other teachers who have helped shape my beliefs have done so by providing me with negative experiences in the classroom. For instance, most teachers would punish the whole class because certain students were bad. I conception this method of correcting bad behavior was entirely unfair.Even though today I realize the technique behind the action, at the time I rememb er experiencing disembodied spirits of helplessness, and today I never want another child to experience that feeling again. Another unfair characteristic displayed by some teachers was favoritism. By showing favoritism, it didnt make me, nor many of my classmates, feel special or secure in class. Lastly, my brother, who is one year younger than me, and I were very close growing up as children. However, in the first grade his teacher held him and 6 other students back a grade on account of being too immature.My family was furious and no numerate how many times my parents spoke with the teacher and administrators, the decision remained the same. As a result, my brother and I at one point attended ii different schools, we werent as close anymore, his self-esteem dropped immensely, he at sea friends, and had to spend the rest of his life explaining and defending himself to those who questioned his age in equality to his grade. My experience with having a family member subjected to being held back is why I believe that all resources must be exhausted before deciding to hold back a child.The decision should be a conglomerate of the family, administrators, and other professionals opinions and thoughts. Most importantly, recognizing and knowing the child at hand, and how this decision will impact his or her life. My beliefs have been carried out as a Substitute Teacher in the classroom. For instance, my belief in fairness for all children was illustrated when I thanked the well(p) children of the class at the end of the day for being on their best behavior. Interestingly, the students thanked me in return for recognizing them because they said that teachers rarely acknowledge their goodbehavior because they are too distracted by the students who misbehave. As a teacher I would use this same philosophy when treating my students. A good level of control and strictness would be provided, along with a great deal of love, patience, care, and attention for each child . A safe and secure feeling will permeate throughout the classroom in order to experience an optimal learning environment for all children.My classroom for a second grade class would be setup and decorated as follows two alphabets, regular and cursive would hang above the blackboards my posters would contain knowledge about good manners, famous men and women in history, and lots of multi-cultural pictures so everyone feels welcomed seasons and thematic units will provide further layout for decorating ideas the library area would have a big comfy chair for me to read and then small well-heeled chairs and a rug for the children to read and sit on during quiet or free timeThere will be math, language, and art games for them to play, and extra creative and unique learning strategies and games. I would have a very trusting and open-minded relationship with parents, colleagues, and administrators. I would also keep an open mind when dealing with olympian circumstances, such a s a child with a special need, or a child that misbehaves frequently. Each family unit varies, so I must be sensitive to an array of circumstances, such as the various formations of a family and structure, a parents modal value and beliefs of parenting, a child and families living situation, and a familys ethnicity and culture.Administrators and colleagues personal philosophies will be respected. However, the only way the child will develop positively according to the schools philosophy is if the administrators and teachers believe and exemplify this philosophy also. So when views may seem opposite, its accepting the differences, respecting each others differences, and working through the differences that will make any school a positive and safe place for the children to learn. Also when approaching exceptional circumstances, a teacher needs to again keep an open mind, film an objective stance, and be flexible in his or her views, expectations, strategies, and procedures in de cide an issue.As a teacher develops his or her beliefs about early childhood education it is important to reflect upon the period of time when one was a student. Keeping an open mind to the way society and education as evolved overtime is a key factor that will help teachers break out understand families, children, faculty, and their role as a teacher today. The child should be the main concern of the school, family, and community at all times. We are the educators, motivators, inspirers, and corrective for children. What we believe as educators will be reflected in the growth of each child.By joining teachers, families, communities, and administrators together as one, we are building a positive foundation for the children who are will be the products of our future. re handed-down Hindu residential schools of learning typically the teachers mark or a monastery. During the Mughal rule, Madrasahs were introduced in India to educate the children of Muslim parents. British records sh ow that indigenous education was widespread in the 18th century, with a school for every temple, mosque or village in most regions of the country. The subjects taught

No comments:

Post a Comment